It is a joint competitors for VU and VUMC investigators. All investigators ought to comply with these directions.
Vanderbilt (VU and VUMC mixed) anticipates the chance to appoint as much as two candidates for the Moore Inventor Fellows competitors. The Moore Basis goals to help innovations at an early stage that would result in proof-of-concept work or advance an current prototype that tackles an importation drawback within the areas of scientific analysis, environmental conservation, or affected person care. Every fellow will obtain a complete of $825,000 over three years.
- Should be inside 10 years of receiving superior terminal diploma (M.S., Ph.D., or M.D.)
- Should be college, analysis scientists, postdocs, or different full-time employees.
- Might come from a broad array of disciplines, together with, however not restricted to environmental science and conservation, oceanography, biology, engineering, physics, chemistry, supplies science, neurosciences, public well being and gerontology.
Inventors might be evaluated by their demonstrated artistic potential and technical skill for the proposed line of labor. Innovations might be evaluated primarily based on their significance within the space of curiosity, the necessity for funding to realize fast success, and the plausibility of attaining said influence. See the listing of 2018 recipients.
Anybody concerned with being thought of as one in every of Vanderbilt’s nominees should submit the next (in PDF format) to LSO@vanderbilt.edu by 5:00 p.m. on September 19, 2019:
- Assertion of invention (not more than two pages, together with citations; single-spaced, 12-point font and one-inch margins). The primary paragraph ought to describe clearly and with out jargon the invention, the issue it seeks to handle, and its potential influence. The assertion of invention must also embody the next data:
- Description of invention
- Significance within the space of science, environmental conservation, or affected person care and expertise
- Stage of invention
- Present funding
- Method for measuring progress throughout the grant time period
- Finances narrative that outlines how grant funds might be used (one web page)
- Temporary CV (5 web page max) or NIH Biosketch
- Assertion from Division Chair or Dean to guarantee that the nominee has no less than 25 p.c of their time to dedicate to their invention and $50,000 in annual direct help from the establishment (complete of $150,000 direct help over the mission interval).
Submissions ought to reference this system identify within the topic line of the e-mail.
Please contact us at LSO@vanderbilt.edu in case you have any questions on this system, basis, or inner evaluate course of.