Welcome to a special Q&A session – all about chronic illness.
I did this recording originally on my Facebook Page which you can find here:
Here are some Questions/Topics I discuss in this chat:
(6:45) – What is Chronic Illness & how to heal
(8:50) – Nature vs. Nurture
(18:28) – Unidentified Skin Condition
(21:30) – Chemical Trauma
(25:39) – Suppression of Emotions
(26:00) – Procedural Memories
(28:44) – How to get Anger out
(29:02) – Healing a chronic memory
(33:40) – Is Autonomic dysfunction the same as Central Sensitization
(36:25) – Rheumatoid Arthritis
(40:05) – Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
(46:36) – How to not be your diagnosis/ Lyme disease
(50:20) – Is there any point in doing Somatic Experience work if still re-traumatizing?
(50:55) – EDMR
(54:10) – Complex PTSD, Autoimmune Disorders, Nutrient deficiencies
(55:34) – IBS, Endometriosis, Diabetes, Crohns, Leaky Gut
(1:03:40) – Bodywork (massage, yoga, craniosacral, movement classes)
(1:06:03) – Chronic fatigue, Digestive Dysfunction
(1:08:01) – Chronic Pain, Chronic Fatigue
(1:11:00) – Early Trauma and Remembering them
(1:13:23) – Chronic Body Pain/Headaches
(1:18:37) – Tinnitus
(1:21:33) – Stiff Person Syndrome and Trauma
Resources I Mention In The Vlog:
– SmartBody SmartMind
– Healing Trauma Video Series
– Healthy Nervous System Revolution Facebook Group
– Up & Down Movement
– The ACE Study. Connections with Psychological Trauma & Physical Illness
– Peter Levine
– Irene’s Skin Condition (scroll down)
– Kathy Kain
– Gabor Mate – book – When The Body Says No
– Brian Weiss – Many Lives, Many Masters
– What the heck is orienting? (and why is it so important?!)
– What do you do when you have unresolved trauma? Two types of orienting
– Q&A with Irene Lyon. All things anger: what it is, why it gets stuck, and what to do about it.
– Why healthy impulses “should” be followed.
– Edgar Cayce
– Mailing List (IL.com)
– How stored up traumatic (toxic) stress creates chronic illness
– Lisa Dennys; Unveiling Lyme Disease: Is This What’s Behind Your Chronic Illness?
– Robert Scare; Trauma Spectrum: Hidden Wounds And Human Resiliency
– Understanding highly sensitive people: Nurture or Nature?
Thank you for watching this video and continuing to follow me here on my YouTube channel. I’d love for you to leave a comment and let me know how this impacted you and what you have learned.
► Subscribe to my channel here:
► Check out my website here:
Irene Lyon, MSC. and nervous system expert, teaches people around the world how to work with the nervous system to transform trauma, heal body and mind, and live full, creative lives. To date her online programs have reached people in over 63 countries – but you can often find her teaching with Elia Mrak at their signature Up & Down workshops or hiking in the mountains or along the Pacific ocean in her hometown of Vancouver, British Columbia. She has her Master’s in Biomedical and Health Science and also has a knack for making complex info easy for ALL of us to understand and apply to our lives. She has extensively studied and practices the works of Dr. Moshe Feldenkrais, Peter Levine (founder of Somatic Experiencing) and Kathy Kain (founder of Somatic Practice).
Follow Irene Here Online:
Work With Irene & Her Team:
► Self-Study Course:
► Intensive 12-Week Program:
► Up & Down Workshop:
Email Us: or firstname.lastname@example.org
Grab A Free Resource:
4 steps to calm overwhelm and out of control emotions