I preserve listening to the “pretend information” Republican speaking level that compares government-run common medical health insurance to a go to to a Division of Moter Automobiles workplace — extra exactly to an underfunded DMV that’s brief on workers and time-saving know-how.
I reside in Canada — and need to share my expertise at present with Canada’s medicare (the British Columbia model) so that you can toss within the face of any red-capped kinfolk or office blowhards you hear attempting to hawk this explicit insurance-lobby/Republican lie.
I used to be working the soil in my backyard with ungloved fingers and sliced my finger on a shard of glass. The shard pushed a complete bunch of grime into the wound. I haven’t had a tetanus shot in ten years, however — this being Canada and all — right here’s what I did to repair that.
- Phoned my native nook pharmacy to verify they weren’t too busy. (I might have picked any pharmacy within the province, as a result of in a common scheme, all of them take part. (There isn’t a such factor as “in-system” or “out system” — that’s an American assemble.)
- Drove to the not-busy pharmacy, the place they already had my private data on file (from earlier prescriptions). Alternately, I might have simply proven them my government-issued medical health insurance card.
- Stuffed out a two-minute medical questionnaire for the pharmacist.
- Sat down whereas the pharmacist gave me the shot — 5 minutes after I arrived on the retailer.
- No lineup
- No ready
- No “take a quantity”
- For tetanus — no want even see a physician
- The pharmacist billed the federal government medical health insurance for the drug and for his allotting charge
- .Neither the pharmacist nor I needed to inform or search permission from a bureaucrat for this cost to be approved — it’s approved as a result of I’m a citizen and since tetanus pictures are coated for everybody. Easy as that.
- There isn’t a requirement for follow-up paperwork — all pharmacies are on-line with the federal government insurance coverage plan
you may ask your MAGA-hat-wearing particular person,
“Does that sound like a DMV workplace to you?”