The ‘runner’s trots’ are an annoying urgency to use the porta-pottie at the most inopportune times!
In this vide we’ll tell you the steps you can take with your diet and lifestyle to make the trots go away.
1. Get a food sensitivity test. You can test for 96 or 184 different foods in the comfort of your own home. If you’re eating foods that your body is sensitive too, you may not know you have issues until your body is under some form of stress, such as running and or the excitement/nerves of running a race.
2. Use Digestive Enzymes. Enzymes just help to ensure you’re digestion is more complete. Remember, improperly or inadequately digested food proteins can irritate the gut, and lead to the trots when you’re under stress.
3. Use Probiotics. Probiotics will help your overall digestion and digestive tract to be more healthy and balanced. They can make BMs more predictable and less urgent.
4. Diet: Remove fiber 3 days before your big race. Fiber is tough to digest and can sit in your gut longer than you might want, especially if you have a big race. Stopping fiber consumption for a few days won’t hurt your overall health!
5. Magnesium – this will help you still move your bowels, even though you’ve cut the fiber out temporarily.
6. NERVES: Your gut and brain share the same stress molecules. By calming your nervous system, your gut will be less reactive and sensitive to stress. Stress activates your gut, bringing on the trots!
Try something like GABA, L-theanine, or Tranquility formula. They won’t leave you dopey or tired, but only calmer so you can focus on your run or race!
If you follow these steps, you’ll be able to get rid of the trots for good!
Food Sensitivity Test: https://www.naturalathleteclinic.com/products/food-sensitivity-test-by-alletess
Digestive Enzymes: https://www.naturalathleteclinic.com/products/digestive-formula-by-mountain-peak-nutritionals
Tranquility Formula: https://www.naturalathleteclinic.com/products/tranquility-formula-by-mountain-peak-nutritionals