AUSTIN (KXAN) — A father and his two kids have been taken to the hospital after a fireplace of their house early Saturday morning.
The fireplace broke out on the primary ground on the Woodland Heights Flats in North Austin at round four a.m. Saturday. Firefighters say “unattended cooking” was accountable.
The Austin Fireplace Division tweeted that the daddy had burns and cuts from escaping out of a window together with his youngsters. The 2 kids have been handled for potential smoke inhalation.
There have been no working smoke detectors within the house.
Others within the complicated needed to be evacuated.
AFD says the hearth injury unfold to 4 different residences, inflicting about $30,000 value of structural injury and $10,000 in misplaced property.
In all, ten folks have been displaced. The complicated’s house managers and the American Purple Cross are serving to these residents.