The hormones your body produces have significant effects on every aspect of your health. they play a role in your mood, your weight, your appetite, your sexual function, and a lot more.
If everything is working properly, the glands in your endocrine system will produce the optimal amount of hormone you need, but it’s becoming more and more common for these systems to fall out of balance.
Let’s explore what’s happening with your hormones – and some natural approaches to get you feeling your best.
►How Do You Know If You Have A Hormonal Imbalance?
Do you experience symptoms of hormonal imbalance? These include • PMS • Heavy menstrual flow • Weight fluctuations • Breast tenderness • Acne • Painful periods • Irregular period • Low libido • Fatigue
If so, it’s possible you may have a hormonal imbalance.
These hormonal symptoms can be result of: • Estrogen Dominance • PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome) • Dysregulated Cortisol & Adrenal Fatigue
►Natural Solutions for Hormonal Concerns
Hormonal concerns can be complex, and the best results are achieved when you work together with an experienced naturopathic doctor (like me!). However, there are some diet and lifestyle recommendations that will support healthy hormones. Here are my top 10 tips to help your hormones:
1. Increase vegetables – especially vegetables from the brassica family
2. Start you morning with a big glass of lemon water
3. Eat a diet rich in fibre
4. Maintain a consistent sleep and wake time with screen-free time before bed
5. Reduce exposure to harmful chemicals
6. Limit alcohol consumption
7. Reduce stress
8. Stabilize blood sugar
9. Choose organic, grass-fed hormone-free meat
10. Decrease caffeine intake.