Have a good time Nationwide Farmers’ Market Week Aug. 4-10 by making the most of the Vanderbilt Farmers’ Market on Thursday, Aug. 8, from 1 to five p.m. at Vanderbilt Medical Heart Plaza.
You can also rejoice by trying out one of many many native farmers’ markets in Nashville or the encompassing space. For an entire itemizing of farmers’ markets out there all through all Tennessee counties, go to Decide Tennessee Merchandise’ Farmers’ Market web page.
Sourcing your meals from native sources, like farmers’ markets or Group Supported Agriculture (CSA) farms, has many advantages, together with:
- entry to contemporary, seasonal produce that’s picked at its peak nutrient load;
- lowering transportation prices and dangerous emissions related to non-local produce;
- cultivating a relationship between growers and customers;
- supporting the native financial system; and
- selling farmland, native farmers and their households.
Be taught extra concerning the Vanderbilt Farmers’ Market on the Vanderbilt Well being and Wellness web site and Nationwide Farmers’ Market Week on the Farmers’ Market Coalition web site.
To volunteer with Vanderbilt’s group backyard, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
For extra info, try the VU Group Backyard Instagram.