Broccoli Mac and Cheese by @_plantandplate_ 🧡
800ml full fats coconut milk
2 cloves garlic (minced)
6 tbsp dietary yeast
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp dijon mustard
juice of 1/2 lemon
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
Non-compulsory: 100g Grated vegan cheddar (for further cheesiness)
500g macaroni pasta
1 head of broccoli
2 tbsp oil
Four slices bread (use stale you probably have it)
Salt & pepper to style
1. Preheat your oven to 200C/400F.
2. Begin by cooking the pasta in salted, boiling water till el dente, this could take about 10 minutes.
3. Add your stale bread to a meals processor and grind right into a breadcrumb consistency. Add 1 tbsp oil and a pinch of salt, course of once more till mixed. (When you don’t have a meals processor, merely tear or slice the bread aside into small chunks and toss in a bowl with the oil and salt.)
4. Mix all your cheese sauce components in a big bowl and blend totally.
5. Slice the complete broccoli up (ensure you use that scrumptious stem!) and place into a big roasting dish with 1 tbsp oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Roast for 15 minutes.
6. As soon as the pasta is cooked, drain and blend into the cheese sauce.
7. Take your broccoli out of the oven and add the macaroni cheese to the roasting dish till all the things is mixed.
8. Sprinkle the breadcrumbs evenly over the mac and cheese. Place into the oven for 30 minutes till golden and effervescent.
9. Serve and revel in! #bestofvegan