Follow us on Twitter: @foods4health1
To learn more about the health benefits of food, visit: http://www.benefitsoffood.blogspot.com
Alfalfa is often overlooked by health conscious individuals, but this is now beginning to change due to its impressive amount of health benefits. By consuming alfalfa regularly, it can help to boost the immune system, improve digestion and reduce inflammation, among other benefits which we will discuss in this video. Now, lets discuss some off the amazing health benefits of consuming alfalfa regularly.
1. First, alfalfa contains a number of important vitamins, minerals and other healthy nutrients that can help to promote our overall health. It contains a good amount of vitamin K, vitamin C, manganese, copper, iron, folate and thiamin, among many others. it also contains some dietary fibre, as well as antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties.
2. One of alfalfa’s most well known health benefits is its ability to improve heart health and reduce the risk of developing heart disease. Studies have shown that regular consumption of alfalfa can help to lower cholesterol levels. It can help to significantly lower both total cholesterol and “bad” LDL cholesterol. This is often attributed to the unique plant compounds found in alfalfa. As well, its good levels of fibre and antioxidants are also helpful in this regard.
3. Consuming alfalfa regularly can also help to reduce inflammation throughout the entire body, even chronic inflammation. This can provide benefits for those individuals suffering from symptoms associated with arthritis or other types of inflammatory ailments. This is because alfalfa is rich in antioxidants, vitamin C and calcium, which can help to reduce inflammation in the joints and body and reduce free radicals and oxidative stress.
4. It can also help to improve overall digestion and reduce digestive related ailments. This is often attributed to its high levels of dietary fibre, which can help to optimize the functioning of the digestive system and promote proper digestion. It can help to add bulk which can promote an improve regular bowel movements. As well, due to its anti-inflammatory properties, it can help to reduce inflammation throughout the gut and digestive tracts. Alfalfa can also help to reduce symptoms associated with cramps, constipation, bloating and diarrhea.
5. Lastly, consuming alfalfa regularly can help to naturally boost the immune system and reduce the risk of developing certain disease. Alfalfa is a great source of vitamin C, which is an important nutrient when it comes to boosting immunity. Vitamin C works to stimulate the production of white blood cells, but also works as a potent antioxidant which can eliminate free radicals and oxidative stress that can compromise the immune system. Its numerous vitamins, minerals and other nutrients as also helpful in this regard.
Thank you for watching the video! Please like, comment and share. If you would like to hear about more healthy foods, and food and beauty tips, please subscribe to the channel. Have a GREAT and HEALTHY day!
DISCLAIMER: This video is for educational and informational purposes only. While we have tried to ensure that the information is sound and accurate, we cannot guarantee its accuracy. The information in this video should not be substituted for professional medical advice and opinions. If you are experiencing any ailments, serious or otherwise, always seek professional medical treatment and advice.
Words by Audionautix is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution license (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/)