Follow us on Twitter: @foods4health1
To learn more about the health benefits of food, visit: http://www.benefitsoffood.blogspot.com
Taro root is a well known root vegetable that is beginning to see its popularity grow around the world. It is a great source of nutrients that can support our overall health and prevent certain diseases. It is also enjoyed for its pleasant taste and texture and can be added to a number of different recipes of enjoyed on its own. Now, lets discuss some of the incredible health benefits of consuming taro root regularly.
1. First, taro root is incredibly nutrient dense. It contains many different vitamins, minerals and other healthy compounds that can promote our overall health. Specifically, taro root is a good source of manganese, potassium, vitamin B6, vitamin E and copper among many others. Taro root is also a great source of dietary fibre, contains some protein and is a good source of resistant starch.
2. One of taro roots most impressive health benefits is its ability to increase digestive health and promote the overall function of the digestive system. This is often attributed to its great levels of dietary fibre. This fibre can help to add bulk and promote regular bowel movements. It can also help food pass through the digestive tract more efficiently which can increase nutrients uptake. As well taro root can help to reduce certain digestive disorders such as bloating, constipation and excess gas. The resistant starch is taro root is also healthy for overall gut health.
3. Consuming taro root regularly can also help to improve the overall health of our heart many different ways and may even reduce the risk of developing heart disease. This is because it is a great source of both fibre and resistant starch, which may be able to lower cholesterol levels in the body. Taro root also contains many different heart healthy nutrients such as potassium, magnesium and antioxidants. The high levels of potassium in it can help to regulate blood pressure and increase the overall health of the blood vessels and arteries. The anti-inflammation compounds in taro root are also helpful in this regard.
4. It may also be able to help control blood sugar levels and can be beneficial for blood sugar management. This is because it contain compounds that are beneficial in regulating blood sugar levels, more specifically fibre and resistant starch. These two compounds help to slow down digestion and the absorption of other foods, which allows taro root to control blood sugar spikes. As well, taro root can help to regulate the release of glucose and insulin in the body, which can be important for those individuals suffering with diabetes.
5. Lastly, consuming taro root regularly can help to improve the overall health and look of our skin. This is because it contains essential nutrients that are important not only for the look of our skin, but to protect it as well. These nutrients are vitamin E and vitamin A. Both of these vital nutrients work to reduce skin damaging free radicals and oxidative stress that can lead to the signs of aging, such as fine lines and wrinkles. Taro root can also help to improve overall cellular health and reduce blemishes and other unwanted skin conditions.
Thank you for watching the video! Please like, comment and share, If you would like to hear about more healthy foods, and food and beauty tips, please subscribe to the channel. Have a GREAT and HEALTHY day!
DISCLAIMER: This video is for educational and informational purposes only. While we have tried to ensure that the information is sound and accurate, we cannot guarantee its accuracy. The information in this video should not be substituted for professional medical advice and opinions. If you are experiencing any ailments, serious or otherwise, always seek professional medical treatment and advice.