Follow us on Twitter: @foods4health1
To learn more about the health benefits of food, visit: http://www.benefitsoffood.blogspot.com
Tahini is becoming more well known amongst health conscious individuals and can be added to a number of different healthy recipes, which makes it versatile in its consumption. Made from sesame seeds, tahini is loaded with nutrients and is particularly known for its immune boosting effects and ability to improve heart health. Now, lets discuss some of the amazing health benefits of consuming tahini regularly.
1. First, tahini is very nutrient dense. It is packed with a number of different healthy vitamins, minerals and other healthy nutrients. More specifically, tahini is a great source of thiamin, copper, manganese, phosphorus, iron, folate and calcium among many others. It is also a good source of healthy fats, such as monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fat and dietary fibre.
2. Regular consumption of tahini can also help to improve the overall health of the heart many different ways and reduce the risk of developing heart disease. Not only is tahini packed with heart healthy nutrients, but also contains potent compounds known as phytosterols that can help to reduce and regulate cholesterol levels. Also, these high levels of phytosterols can help to reduce the risk of developing atherosclerosis and fatty buildup in the arteries. The high levels of plant lignans can also help to improve and regulate blood lipids, again helping to decrease “bad” LDL cholesterol and regular blood pressure.
3. Consuming tahini can also help to boost immunity and strengthen the immune system. This is often attributed to its high amounts of many different nutrients. Tahini is high in immune system boosting nutrients such as iron, copper, zinc and selenium. It also has tremendous anti-bacterial and anti-viral properties that can help to fight infections and reduce the risk of developing certain diseases. Iron and copper specifically can help in the production of white blood cells, which can improve immunity.
4. It is also a good source of healthy fats. Although tahini should be consumed in moderation in order to keep total calories consumed in check, these healthy fats can help to improve heart health, have beneficial hormonal effects on the body and even improve overall skin health. This is because tahini contains mostly polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fats and contains potent and unique compounds known as sesamin and sesamolin. Not only that, but tahini is a great source of oleic acid, phenolic compounds, linoleic acids and gamma-tocopherol.
5. Lastly, consuming tahini regularly can help to improve both the overall health and look of the skin. This is often attributed to its good levels of vitamin E, amino acids, healthy fats and B vitamins. These nutrients work together to help prevent the signs of early aging such as fine lines and wrinkles and can even help to rejuvenate the skin. It can also help to the production of collagen, which is important for overall skin health as well as reduce inflammation. Its natural anti fungal and antibacterial benefits are also helpful in this regard.
Thank you for watching the video! Please like, comment and share. If you would like to hear about more healthy foods, and food and beauty tips, please subscribe to the channel. Have a GREAT and HEALTHY day!
DISCLAIMER: This video is for educational and informational purposes only. While we have tried to ensure that the information is sound and accurate, we cannot guarantee its accuracy. The information in this video should not be substituted for professional medical advice and opinions. If you are experiencing any ailments, serious or otherwise, always seek professional medical treatment and advice.