She has been a fashion icon for decades.
Now, in the most stylish week in Liverpool’s calendar, all eyes will be on Coleen Rooney and what she will wear for the Grand National Festival.
With just days to go Merseyside women will be reviewing their wardrobe choices and making final preparations to wow the crowds ahead of Ladies Day this Friday. But where celebs lead many of us follow and the betting is already hot on what the wife of the Manchester United captain will pick out of her own closet.
And there may be a clue in her previous choices.
Going on past form – and the fact that ice cream shades are hot right now – pink remains a front-runner. She’s worn it in all its shades from the warmest fuschia to the palest of baby pink and made a whole host of style statements along the way.
We take a look back at her best fashion statements from the course.
* Dusty pink Azzedine Alaia for Ladies Day 2011, and her trademark Christian Louboutin platform heels in a flattering nude shade. One of our Our favourite Coleen races look, although you’d need to back a 100-1 winner to replicate it.
* Hot pink with black floral fascinator for Grand National Day in 2009. A stunning look from Coleen, wearing her favourite hot pink in a fitted minidress. And this statement floral headband launched a thousand copycats. Races style nailed.
* The perfect dress for a sunny day at Aintree Coleen got it just right in this multi-coloured Balenciaga mini-dress for Ladies Day in 2008. And check out the matching navy and yellow Louboutins.
* A glamorous look from Ladies Day in 2009 – with her multi-coloured Roberto Cavalli maxi dress complemented with gold accessories. It also cunningly disguised her baby bump just before she announced she was expecting her first baby with hubby Wayne.
* In 2007 she pushed the fashion boundaries again by wearing a smart fitted trouser suit and 70s style floppy beige hat.
* Another iconic look that launched a thousand copycats in 2007 – hippy chick in a flowing burnt orange maxi dress by Kirsty Doyle, with a huge golden Temperley belt. Her long highlighted hair was styled loose and wavy.
* Lady in pink. Here she is at the 2014 Aintree Ladies Day celebrating her birthday with her girl friends in a structured hot pink dress with matching heels and handbag.
* Proving she doesn’t just do designer, Coleen snapped up this pastel pink pleated dress from a vintage store for Grand National day in 2010. It was a bold look at the time, but she proved she was once again ahead of the style stakes; by 2011, the pleated style was all over the high street.
* A more low-key look for the 2010 Ladies Day with a black shift dress and hair slicked into a ponytail.