Conor McGregor has made an incredible gesture to families from his hometown.
The former UFC champion revealed on Instagram he is building houses for Dublin’s homeless as he took a tour of the development.
McGregor said it gives him ‘great pride’ to announce families will soon be moving into the properties and ‘creating their own memories’.
He wrote: “Back on the site today, it has been a while. This is my first property development. We have eight homes here closing in on the finish.
“Three bedroom houses, designated for families that currently reside in hotels around the capital, without a home to call their own.
“But not for long. Through the storm comes the sun!”
McGregor continued: “Walking around this land and these homes today, meeting all the neighbours, knowing that soon there will be families living here, creating their own memories, and building back their lives, gives me great pride!
“Ireland forever! Ireland first! Ireland always!”
Fans of the 30-year-old fighter have sent thousands of messages of support.
One said: “Thank god someone is doing something about the homeless crisis in Ireland. Fair play.”
Another wrote: “And then there is this guy who has everything but still is down to earth no matter what always humble. You are a true inspiration to be me.”
And a third said: “The People’s champ.”
Earlier this year, the Irish star, who famously partied for a week in Liverpool after the Grand National , revealed that he has retired from UFC.
He last fought on October 6 when he was beaten by submission by UFC lightweight champion Khabib Nurmagomedov.
McGregor said: “Hey guys quick announcement, I’ve decided to retire from the sport formally known as “Mixed Martial Art” today.
“I wish all my old colleagues well going forward in competition. I now join my former partners on this venture, already in retirement. Proper Pina Coladas on me fellas!”