As VUIT prepares to migrate Outlook Exchange email accounts to the Microsoft Office 365 cloud, email settings such as “send as” or preferred email address must be updated before May 1. Changes to these settings will need to be submitted to VUIT after May 1.
The migration, which will occur over the summer months, will move all university faculty, staff, and most graduate student accounts from on-premises servers to Microsoft Outlook Office 365 in the cloud, offering users a multitude of benefits, including:
- New Outlook Web Access – new look, better browsing capability, archiving, emojis, etc.
- Updated Calendar – email reminders for events, improved search, birthday calendars, etc.
- More storage – 100GB mailbox storage for each user
- Better integration with other Office 365 services, like OneDrive and SharePoint
- Improvements to document collaboration
- More comprehensive spam detection
- Additional out of office options
For more information visit the VU Office 365 website.
For questions, please email the Genesis Project Team at email@example.com.