Forums

Forums (http://ww-vb.mine.nu/vb/index.php)
-   منتديات الرياضة (http://ww-vb.mine.nu/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   The Market Ticker - For Pre-Diabetics, Keep Eating As You're Told And Die (http://ww-vb.mine.nu/vb/showthread.php?t=145791)

rss 12-20-2013 11:35 PM

The Market Ticker - For Pre-Diabetics, Keep Eating As You're Told And Die

The stupid, it burns:
People who are already on the way to developing diabetes could significantly reduce their risk of having a heart attack or stroke by walking for just an extra 20 minutes a day for a year, scientists said on Friday.

A large international study of people with a condition called impaired glucose tolerance (IGT) - a precursor to diabetes - found that taking an extra 2,000 steps a day over one year cut the risk of serious heart illness by 8 percent.

Wow, man, a whole 8%.

First, that's about one mile of walking, more or less. Second, it's more than 90% of these people will actually do, irrespective of what they're told. And third, if they keep eating carbohydrates, especially fast carbohydrates like *****s and sugars, they are omitting the single factor that might completely arrest progress of the disease and could even reverse it without consuming one potentially-dangerous drug.

You want to k**w what's really stupid? This:
All the participants were given a lifestyle change programme aimed at helping them lose weight and cut fat intake while increasing physical activity to 150 minutes a week. Using a pedometer, researchers recorded usual walking activity over a week both at the start of the study and again 12 months later.

If you cut fat intake then you must boost, as a percentage of intake, something else, and the only two "something else's" are protein and carbohydrates.

The latter, for someone who is insulin-response impaired, is the exact wrong thing to do and yet it is exactly what is bring effectively prescribed (by omission.)

Where's the study that simply removes carbohydrates from these people's diet, allows the balance to shift (toward animal fats, incidentally, which is pretty-much all it can shift to) and measures that?

Specifically, measure A1c and fasting blood glucose level among the controls and those who follow this set of choices. Ig**re the "standard" glucose tolerance test because you're **t going to do that to your body during your ordinary day, therefore whether you respond poorly to it is immaterial. What is very material is how your blood sugar control is on an ongoing and long-term basis, and that's what A1c measures.

If the test group's A1c numbers do **t materially improve I'll eat this post.

Further, I bet virtually all, if **t all, of the people who adopt same will lose their excess weight as well, either in whole or part. And if they don't, particularly if their A1c doesn't come down, it's because they're cheating -- it's **t possible to spike your glucose and thus insulin level if you don't take in carbohydrates, which are what cause that metabolic response to be necessary in the first place.

**, I'm **t a doctor, but I don't need to be one to k**w that if you're impaired in your biological response to an unnecessary component of your diet -- and carbs such as foods that are starches and contain sugars are unnecessary -- the only intelligent thing to do is stop eating that.

أكثر...

الساعة الآن 04:40 PM