On Friday, Nov. 30, at 5:23 p.m., VUPD was notified of an armed robbery that occurred outside an entry door of University School of Nashville. The armed suspect was seen on foot headed southbound on 21st Avenue and is described as a black male, 6’ tall, skinny build, low-cut hair with a goatee and mustache, wearing a blue jacket, black pants and a gray scarf.
This security notice is being issued to remind the Vanderbilt campus community:
- Avoid isolated or dark areas.
- If a stranger does approach, maintain a distance and be observant; if they are in a vehicle, get the license plate number.
- Stay alert. If you feel uneasy, leave the area. Go to a safe location and notify VUPD.
- Report any suspicious persons to VUPD. Be prepared to describe the person as best as you can.
Resources and assistance for students, faculty and staff:
- The Vanderbilt University Police Department is available to assist you 24 hours a day, seven days a week. If you need emergency assistance, call (615) 421-1911, or for non-emergency assistance, call (615) 322-2745.
- The Project Safe Center offers a support line 24 hours a day, seven days a week at (615) 322-SAFE (7233).
- The Title IX and Student Discrimination Office can be reached at (615) 343-9004.
- The University Counseling Center (UCC) can be reached at (615) 322-2571.