The dish is from the Mekong restaurant at Anantara Resort in Dubai
- beef fillet: 700 g (beef fillet, cut into cubes 5 x 5 cm)
- curry paste: 100 grams (red / meat and spices)
- Turmeric powder: 1 tablespoon (dried / for meat and spices)
- Soy sauce: 2 tablespoons (light / meat and spices)
- Soy sauce: large spoon (dark sweet / for meat and spices)
- Ketchab: a tablespoon and a half (for meat and spices)
- hot sauce: large spoon (for meat and spices)
- vegetable oil: a tablespoon (for sauce)
- Water: 500 ml (for the sauce)
- Ginger: 75 grams (peeled and cut into small pieces / while keeping a little of it for decoration / sauce)
- Garlic: 150 grams (peeled and chopped / for sauce)
- Leeks: 150 grams (peeled and cut into quarters / sauce)
Peanuts: 3 tbsp (roasted and unsalted / optional / for sauce)
- Tamarind paste: 2 tablespoons (made from 2 teaspoons of tamarind heart, melted in a few tablespoons of water / sauce)
- Palm sugar: a teaspoon (or according to the desire / sauce)
- salt: as desired (for sauce)
- Fish sauce: as desired (Ready / Sauce)
How to prepare
1. preparing the marinade, hit through curry paste, turmeric powder, soy sauce , light soy sauce , sweet and dark and the "ketchup" hot sauce together in a blender, so coarse paste is formed a strong flavor. Then, add the pieces of meat to a bowl, and spread the paste on them, mixing until the latter covers the whole meat. This mixture is called aside for at least an hour, but it is best to stay overnight, to allow the flavors to blend well.
2. To prepare the curry: Heat the vegetable oil in a large saucepan over medium heat, then add the meat with the paste, and turn until it becomes harsh, and take the oil orange and smell of all ingredients. Then, pour the water until the meat is full, and stir until the paste is dissolved. When the water boils, cover the pot in part, and leave the ingredients simmer on low heat, for an hour and a half and two hours, until the meat maturity test, which is tested by the fork. When the fork enters the meat easily, it means that it is very soft, and that the broth is thick and thick, and must consist of a layer of orange-red lipstick on the surface. However, the chef may need to add more water and reduce heat if the ingredients are too dry. In contrast, you may have to leave the ingredients to boil vigorously without putting the lid on.
3. Add the leeks, ginger, garlic (right and chopped) and peanuts (if used) to the extent of cooked meat, stirring. Then, turn the meat and curry back to the pot, lightly dry, for 20 to 30 minutes, while taking care to remove the ingredients when you enter the fork easily, but keeping them complete.
4. Control the taste of curry, by mixing with palm sugar, tamarind paste, salt and fish sauce, with the taste that is sour and sweet and the soup rich.
5. Serving beef curry with steamed Thai jasmine rice or glutinous rice. Add fresh ginger and roasted peanuts (optional).
01/10/2017 15:39 40